AFTER the Track is successful when we:
- Place our OTTBs in adoptive homes with perfect partners who are prepared to provide long term care
- Provide ongoing support to ensure successful placements
Horses available for adoption from AFTER the Track are:
- Transitioned physically and mentally from the racing lifestyle
- Adjusted to farm life: Turn out, cross ties, socialization, feed/nutrition, barn manners, safe handling
- Well trained in hand, e.g., body work, lunge, free lunge, round pen
- Accustomed to bodywork including yoga and pilates for horses, massage, acupressure, chiropractic, etc.
- Trained under saddle on the flat, over fences, cross country and on the trail
- Evaluated for their preferences and chosen disciplines e.g., trail, jumping, dressage, eventing, etc.
- Easy to load and comfortable traveling to new places
- Exposed to clinics and competitions
- Well mannered for vet, farrier, and others
- Sound with health and training records available
- Receive lessons with us and with your own trainer
- Receive health and training records including available xrays
- Access to ongoing support and consultation to ensure successful placement
- Adoption fees are tax-deductible and non-refundable.
Kelly and Diva getting to know each other at a schooling show, pre adoption